Thursday, April 8, 2010

Good Friday Road Race

The weather was great - beautiful, sunny, not too windy for my first road race in a long time. Actually, it has been probably 4 years or so since before I was pregnany with my son. I have raced cyclocross throughout the years after having my kids but not road. My race was the first start of the day 9AM- packed the car, and headed up solo. My husband was racing in the afternoon, so he came up later with the kids. I arrived at the race with plenty of time to sign-in,warm-up, etc. My race was the elite 3 women/master and junior women--had a good size field. We started a few minutes late due to a crash in the M3 mens/Elite 4 men's race that left a few minutes before us, we passed two crashes in the first lap--of a three lap race. My race had a solo rider break away and manage to stay away. There were a few other attempts at getting breaks away, but nothing stuck. Our race came down to a group sprint-were I was 5th overall in my category. I was satisfied with the finish, and will continue to work on feeling comfortable racing in a pack. Wow, now to get ready for the race this weekend --Tour of Bronte!!

No comments:

Post a Comment