Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Club Ride and Beach Day!


Determination gives you the resolve to keep going in spite of the roadblocks that lay before you.
Denis Waitley

Well, I haven't raced in the past few weeks, yet I have been to a couple of racing supporting my husband and got in some good training rides. I have done the SCCC club ride the past two Saturdays, and that has been a great workout. I don't get out on the club rides too much anymore, due to scheduling. But they are a solid 80-100km ride, with a few hill climbs and some intestiny throughout. Usually a very good group of riders, who all like to get in a good workout. My friends have nick-named the ride 'smack-down' or 'beat-down' as after the ride, usually you want to eat then go and lay-down for a while/have a nap. Riding in a group, and having that comfort level and trust of the other riders around me --is always a challenge. This past Saturday, I was feeling better and held in with the group at a solid pace in the rain. I plan on continuing with these great rides, and trying to get out for another club ride this weekend.

Race Support -

Lake to Lake Race - when out and cheered for my husband at this great local event. He had a solid finish of 2nd overall on his cross bike! Here is an article that was published on the event and Nathan's efforts.

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?archive=true&e=2631759

Racoon Rally - this past weekend, my family headed down to this great event. My husband raced the cross country mountain bike race (on his cross bike)-- and won. A good ride for him, and then we spend the rest of the day at the Allegany state park and enjoyed the beach. The beach was about 700meters from the event start, what a great venue.

No comments:

Post a Comment