Tuesday, June 1, 2010

What is a positive attitude??

"Our lives are not determined by what happens to us but by how we react to what happens, not by what life brings to us, but by the attitude we bring to life. A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events, and outcomes. It is a catalyst, a spark that creates extraordinary result."---Anon.

http://www.niagarathisweek.com/community/article/822539--walk-makes-great-strides-for-cf

http://www.niagarathisweek.com/news/article/818292--breathing-as-a-family


We have all heard about having a positive attitude and how that affects our life so significantly. I do try to have a positive attitude about things, yet sometimes I like to be realistic about things as well. In reading some of the recent articles posted in the newspaper about the Great Strides walk, I had alot of different feelings. I have anxiety around having 2 kids with cystic fibrosis--the thoughts, the struggles and wondering about the future. I know we have adapted to the daily therapy routines, the digestive enzymes for the kids, vitamins, chest physiotherapy... and this is when they are healthy. Throw in an extra antibiotic or two..and it is a whole new ball-game.
I know, my family has come a long way -- having my 3 year old remember that he needs digestive enzymes before he eats or drinks something, having my 17 month old grab to put her mask on her face when she is tired (as she sometimes sleeps during her therapy) allows me to enjoy the small gains we have made. I have thought about all the 'what if's' with CF for my daughter, and then when through them all for my son.
Right now, my positive attitude is thinking about all the gains that have been made with cystic fibrosis over the recent years, and how much more will be made in the future. Also thinking about trying to enjoy the moment, and live in the moment. No one knows what the future entails exactly, so there is no point dwelling on it-- I am trying my best today to make sure that the future is a good one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment