Saturday, September 25, 2010

Sprague Brook Cyclocross

Well I headed down to this race last Saturday, just outside of Buffalo near Kissing Bridge. My husband, my kids and I went down for a great race. There were alot of other riders from Niagara down at the race as well.
I did a few laps of warmup on the course, I have to get used to finding myway through miles of tape again. Got off to an okay start, missed my pedal a few times. Got in with a small group of women, definitely a tough course to pass people. I settled in around 5th place or so. I got used to the course after a few laps, and started to make up a bit of time on the 2 riders ahead of me. At one point, there was 3 or 4 of us, within 20-30 seconds. I found the technical parts of the course a bit challenging, as I haven't been riding much of that terrain. I ended up in 5th place, a solid effort, and definitely happy to finish race. After last weekend's mechanical.
Got changed after the race, and watched the men's race. Nathan had a good, close race and won. Nice job, definitely always nice to win a race!!
This week has been a busy one, and tomorrow we are heading down to the Full Moon Vista UCI cross race in Rochester. I am feeling a little in over my head, but it should be a fun day anyway!!

No comments:

Post a Comment