Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Week After ...





What a week after cyclcross nationals... I have been pretty tired, and with the time change definitely making training harder. I was thinking about ending my season a bit early, well I am glad I got a good ride in on Thursday and decided to race at Kissing Bridge Cyclocross race. I had raced this race last year, and won. I liked the course and it was similar this year. There was not as much mud this year, and the course was a bit different but not a whole lot. Anyway, I wasn't sure how I was feeling in warm-up riding the climb thinking ...uughhh. Got to the start line and lined up, I had a good start, took the whole shot and kept the pressure on from there. I felt good, and had a good rhythm of hard on the road section and the climb, recover on the downhill and the twisty stuff at the bottom. I opened up a gap on the women, and caught some of the masters men ahead of me and raced with them a bit, I would pass them on the climb, and then they would descend pretty fast to catch me. I was taking it easy on the downhill and there were a few potholes that I didn't want to hit, and wanted to ride smart and not crash taking a risk like that. I won for the women, I am happy about that. It is always nice to win a race.
The men's race was next, Nathan ended up with 2 flats, trips to the pit and coming from behind. He ended up 5th. I was running my bike over to the pit to get a rear wheel off, and thanks to the guys who were working the pits. It was a nice day and a good event.

No comments:

Post a Comment